Parish mission statement: To be a supportive Christian community allowing the Holy Spirit to grow within us, so that we may become a living symbol of Christ’s presence.
The Parish Administrator will ensure the efficient administration of the parish office, assisting the clergy and wardens in parish administration, and will be responsible for the accurate accounting and reception of parish income and expenditures. All activities associated with this position must be achieved in a manner consistent with the parish goals and objectives. All diocesan and parish policies and practices must be understood and adhered to, particularly the Diocese of Toronto’s Sexual Misconduct and Screening policies.
Detailed list of duties and responsibilities:
- maintain a neat and welcoming parish office; be courteous, professional, and pastorally sensitive with all who seek assistance in the parish office or over the telephone. The intermittent nature of visits and inquiries will sometimes require the parish administrator to cope with interruptions during administrative tasks, in order to greet and assist people;
- set and clear voicemail messages;
- assist clergy and wardens with typing, photocopying, mailing and other administrative needs such as setting appointments, filing, writing letters.
- handle incoming mail; open and respond as necessary;
- print and prepare letters and envelopes for parish mailings (several times per year);
- maintain inventory of regular and seasonal office supplies, and assist parish groups in ordering and receiving materials;
- assist in the collection and preparation of reports for the annual vestry report;
- inform the property manager of all events and parish activities;
- type and reproduce the weekly Sunday worship bulletin, occasional special worship service bulletins (as requested), and monthly financial projections (using PowerChurch software);
- periodically train volunteers in the use of appropriate office equipment and procedures;
- maintain an up-to-date parish list, calendar and service schedule;
- print and distribute the membership list as appropriate;
- assist parish volunteers with the creation and production of the calendar and newsletter;
- post bulletin board materials and keep the board neat and up-to-date;
- maintain a record of the allocation of all parish facilities under the direction of the wardens;
- reproduce and mail certificates and other documents as needed;
- take minutes at monthly Corporation meetings and quarterly Advisory Board meetings.
- perform other duties as assigned.
- manually calculate bi-weekly salary and submit to treasurer;
- monthly Quicken entry of cheques;
- monthly bank reconciliations and weekly invoice spreadsheet preparation (with treasurer);
- preparation of cheques;
- enter giving envelope figures into PowerChurch, order and track envelopes; issue tax receipts;
- assist in back-up of computer files for archival storage;
- perform year-end-related bookkeeping functions, including completion of the parochial return;
- prepare rental agreements for wardens’ signatures;
- handle security deposits and other payments from rental agreements;
- perform other financial duties as assigned.
Hours: 10 per week, with some increase possible depending on the evolving public health situation; some work may be done remotely, subject to agreement; administrator must be available to meet with contractors from time to time, on site by prior arrangement
Compensation: to be determined, based on qualifications and hours agreed upon
Deadline for applications: December 31, 2021
The successful applicant will be required to complete the diocesan “Screening in faith” process, which includes a sexual misconduct workshop and a police check every three years.
Please submit applications, with a brief covering letter, to the Rev’d Canon Andrea Budgey, Priest-in-charge, at email@example.com. Please contact her at 416-573-3824 with any questions.